Yesterday, I got my diploma/certificate and graduated! It's a VWO-diploma, comparable to British A-levels, it's the highest level of Dutch secondary schools/high schools. Here are the grades/marks on my certificate list:
- Dutch: 7
- English: 7
- German: 6
- French: 7
- Maths: 6
- Economics: 5
- History: 7
- Geography: 6
- Social studies: 7
- General science: 7
- You also have to write a paper on a topic related to a subject of your choice, I chose to write one for geography about the food problems in third world countries, and got a 9.
Explanation: Dutch grades go from 1 to 10. 1 is the lowest, 10 the highest. 6 is sufficient, a 5 or lower is not sufficient. You're allowed to have up to two insufficient marks to graduate, but you have to compensate them. For example, a 5 can be compensated by a 7, and a 4 can be compensated by an 8 or two times a 7 for another subject.
After the summer break, I'll go to the school of journalism for a Bachelor, which will take four years. But first, I have summer break now, which ends around the end of August. So what are the plans for the summer break?
- 28 July: my 20th birthday, with awesome presents: a Whiscash plushie from my BFF and a Dragonair plushie from my girlfriend.
- Doing some drawings, of course.
- Maybe re-playing another Pokemon game, not sure yet.
- Finishing my current Pokemon Pearl playthrough.
- Relaxing and not doing much.
Do you have any plans for the summer break? Or are you just going to relax and not do much?